Timatollah

Friday, August 22, 2003
 
The Shamalar Revolution

In this delicious post, Agenda Bender gets onto one of the reasons any form of non-traditional me Tarzan you Jane you go fix supper coupling is a threat to the status quo. The nugget: the flowing sounds of Shalamar.
It's in this last verse that [A Night to Remember]s overflowing heart brings the Los Angeles River to floodtide. We're so happy let's drink to the exes!

Let's make a toast to those who helped make this occasion
They turned their back on love
and that's what drove you straight to me
Now to you I make a lasting dedication
I'll show you all that love and life can be
And each day that I live I will deliver


The matter of fact equality between the two in their love and desire is the revolution under the high gloss. It's the kind of equality that is the real revolutionary substrate of gay marriage. It's the engine of world revolution. And reaction.

It's pretty much Mullah Omar versus Shalamar, when you get right down to it.
Just remember, kids: If Mullah Omar knew you so much as liked this music, much less were expressing love that way, he'd shoot you without blinking his good eye.