Timatollah

Monday, December 23, 2002
 
Clash Tunes

Mike Silverman has posted his list of favorite Clash tunes here. Now I'm motivated to do the same, but without annotations.

In no particular order...
  • Spanish Bombs
  • The Right Profile
  • Clampdown
  • The Card Cheat
  • I'm Not Down
  • Up in Heaven (Not Only Here)
  • Lose this Skin (a cover)
  • Career Opportunities
  • Police on My Back
  • Wrong 'Em Boyo (another cover)
If I had to pick my favorite three, they'd be The Right Profile, The Card Cheat, and Lose this Skin.

What's really gotten to me about Strummer's passing is that he was older than me by a few years. At the time of London Calling and Sandanista, when I was playing music, I just figured the members of the Clash were younger than me. But then, I didn't realize I was a punk.